Please Note: The chart is for demonstration purposes only.
The values of each index have been taken on the 1st working day of each month or from the format provided by the sources. The information has been obtained from the following:
- FTSE 100 Index from Yahoo Finance.
- RPI from Inflation.eu.
- Average Earning Index from Royal London (NAE Values to Dec 2009 & AWE Values from 2010)
- Savings Interest Gross (Interest rate figures obtained from the Building Society Association from 1995 to 2011 and Deposit Sense figures from 2011) (The interest rates have then been used to construct savings portfolios to determine the portfolio interest rates had a new portfolio been constructed each month) (This reduces the overall rate of interest obtained over the long term and is therefore a conservative representation of savings) (It is also assumed that Basic Rate, Higher Rate and Top Rate have tax deducted at 20%, 40% and 45% for the full duration of the term) (No account has been taken for the value obtained from the Personal Savings Allowance that was introduced for Basic Rate and Higher Rate tax payers, in April 2016)
- The Mixed Asset Managed Growth Fund from Prudential.
- Average House Price from HousePriceCrash.co.uk.
- Dormant Rate of Interest is a measured assumption from 1995 – 2011 based upon the Bank of England Base Rate and from Deposit Sense figures from 2011).
The level of past performance is not indicative of any future potential performance. All performance figures can fall as well as rise. There are no guarantees to any level of future performance.
The levels of personal and commercial taxation are subject to change, at any time, which would affect future returns available.
Social, ecomonic and commercial legislation is subject to change, at any time, which would affect future returns available.
Deposit Sense Ltd accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or mistakes in any of the figures. The representation of the information obtained is purely based upon the interpretation of Deposit Sense Ltd.